Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Day 16- Can I just get a pizza and forget this whole thing?

I think this has been my toughest day yet.  The sugar cravings are turning me into a bit of a lunatic. I threw something at my boyfriend tonight when he refused to take me out for pizza and ice cream. I researched desserts for hours with little success, although I'm secretly planning to push the envelope tomorrow and make something, anything. I am about to lose it.  I've also considered adding turkey to my diet until this program is over. I have been a vegetarian for 14 years and only once in that time did I break down and ate turkey while I was sick and anemic from protein deficiency. This is drastic. I never act on initial impulses so I will sit on this for a few days. I am hungry. I want a cookie. No, I want a box of cookies. This better work.  If I'm going to continue to have pain,  I'd rather it be from something delicious and worth it.

This is what I use in smoothies

Tuna salad lettuce wrap
Food Journal Day 15
Breakfast: hemp protein shake with spinach, carrot juice, cultured coconut milk, raspberries, splash apple juice (protein=16g)
Lunch: tuna salad lettuce wraps (avocado, tahini, celery, cucumber, dill, lemon juice, hemp seeds, toasted pumpkin seeds) yummy! (protein=37g)
My favorite tuna is RainCoast Trading solid albacore- while it is more expensive, it's worth its weight- all tuna-no water and it's delicious.
Snack: mini pickles

Dinner: baked salmon, gingered collard greens, cauliflower "mashed potatoes (protein=32g)
Snack: applesauce (to help get the pills down at night)
Daily Protein estimate 85g



Salmon, chard, cauliflower
Dinner portions
Food Journal Day 16 Wednesday
Breakfast: protein shake with carrot juice, spinach, cultured coconut milk, blueberries, 4 drops of stevia (trying it instead of fruit juice to reduce sugar content) (protein=15g)
Lunch: leftover salmon and greens, nectarine (protein=30g)
Snack: mini pickle, beet and sweet potato chips
Dinner: seared ahi tuna with sesame seed crust, lettuce, ponzu sauce (forgot to ask for it on the side) (protein=30g)
Daily Protein estimate 75g

3 comments:

  1. Looking better already. Just make sure you're eating often enough that you never get hungry. I'm on day 2 myself right now. My stomach won't stop grumbling.
    Dr. Rob

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - you threw something at your boyfriend! yikes. :) hang in there! your salmon, chard and califlower dinner looks delish - i would eat that over a brownie anyday! (not being sarcastic either)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sardines, sauerkraut and kombucha tea. Lunch of Champions.

    ReplyDelete