Friday, January 28, 2011

Day 4- a rough one

I've heard during detox's it's common to feel sick as the toxins are being released but I didn't think I was doing much of a detox this time.  However, I feel as though I've been run over by a truck and the flu is trying to make residence in my body.  It could be just a coincidence in the timing but either way it sucks.
I figure since I'm writing this blog ultimately for myself, I better write even when I don't want to share my horrible feelings. They are just as important as the good ones, I just hate dumping my negativity into the world.  See, that's where I get myself into trouble, I'd rather hold it all in and it festers inside until it turns into, into something, bad. Pain breeds negativity, I'm sick of being negative more than I am sick of being in pain.
So after a day of feeling pathetic and helpless, I decided I needed to get out of the house and took my dog to the park.  Thank goodness for him. I had an unexpected enlightening conversation (not with my dog) that gave me a much improved perspective.  So here I am, uncomfortable as it is, dumping my thoughts into nowhere land, forcing them out.  I wish I could force out the mucus that's running down my throat as well.

Food Journal
Breakfast: protein shake with coconut milk & blueberries
Snack: fruit bar (last one in the house, finally), later a peach
Lunch: leftover salmon, avocado
Snack: cherries
Dinner: ahi tuna steak in lettuce "bun"



1 comment:

  1. I'm just on day two and It's pretty rough...all I can do is sleep! Thanks for sharing your experience- I haven't found much out there on this diet and it helps to read about what you went through. Just wonderng- how is your health now?

    ReplyDelete